Spaghetti Carbonara

Crossroads

Crossroads

Sometimes you come to a crossroads when you know it is time to do something, to make a choice. It feels I am at that point now. Last november I was diagnosed with hypertension and my doctor put me on 50 mg Metoprolol. I was very reluctant at first, I don´t like taking pills of any sort unless absolutely necessary. So I waited a few weeks before starting taking them, but eventually I didn´t dare to not take them. People were constantly reminding me about the risk of stroke and heart disease. So I have taken Metoprolol since then, but haven´t done any other lifestyle changes. I am sure my hypertension is caused by a combination of stress, lack of exercise and unhealthy diet. I have since I started taking Metoprolol gained more than 5 kg weight, and I feel constantly tired. It has lowered my bloodpressure but all the causes of it remains…
So. Now I have to choose. Do I want to go on with more and more medication and poorer and poorer health? Or could I try to change this by doing some lifestyle changes?
I have decide to try to make changes to see if it affects my hypertension. My weight on Sunday May 22 is 65,3 kg and my blood pressure is 136/81. Pulse 57.
I have read about diets that can help lowering bloodpressure. LCHF, DASH… I will at least start with removing salt and sugar as much as possible and by eating as much vegetables as possible. Here is my sundays lunch. Quinoa tomato spaghetti and a little mince and alot of vegetables. I also took the supplements Omega 3 and Magnesium.

I went for a 4 kilometres long walk.


Comments